Intensive Therapy Retreats in East Aurora
Why should you consider an Intensive Therapy Retreat? While traditional individual therapy hourly sessions are effective, they are not necessarily efficient. Does this sound familiar? You fit sessions into your busy life, often rushing to arrive on time, then need time to settle in before starting therapy, only to find that too soon it's time to wrap things up and rush off to your next obligation. You spend an hour, maybe more, in travel time for what perhaps amounts to 30 to 45 minutes of actual therapy. Intensive therapy retreats afford you the time to fully immerse yourself in your personal work and they are more efficient and effective in helping you heal and move towards the life you desire. Please note that retreats are limited to 21 and older.
Four-hour, seven-hour and weekend personal intensive therapy retreats are held at beautiful Lost Elms with 250 acres of barns, pastures, fields and woods. Intensive therapy retreats are for those who prefer to immerse themselves in working on a specific issue or issues over a day, weekend or extended weekend.
What to expect:
What to expect:
- If you live close enough, an initial in-person session is ideal. If not, then an hour phone or Skype consultation is needed. This affords you the opportunity to get to know me and for us to begin to clarify what your intentions and goals are for the intensive therapy retreat. We will schedule the initial consultation at least two weeks in advance.
- Assessments and questionnaires will need to be completed before the consultation so that I may better understand your experiences and needs.
- A typical full day (single day or weekend) involves two to three extended sessions with or without horses including mindfulness, strengthening coping strategies, EMDR and EquiLateral EMDR. Weekend retreats can be very powerful in supporting your healing and allow for more flexibility. There will be time to exercise, stroll around the small lake and woods, read, draw and relax. EMDR and other therapy is hard work - sometimes a nap in the middle of the day is just what is needed! During a weekend retreat, we can adjust our schedule easily.
- Follow up sessions with your own therapist, with me or at least a phone/Skype consultation with me is strongly recommended to support all the hard work you accomplished.
- Stay at the Roycroft Inn (http://www.roycroftinn.com), Hampton Inn (http://hamptoninn3.hilton.com/en/hotels/new-york/hampton-inn-east-aurora-BUFEAHX/index.html) or find a local Bed and Breakfast in the nearby village of East Aurora. The historic village is home to a variety of wonderful restaurants, food co-op, and yoga studios.
- On-site lodging may be available.